2020/10/07 12:50:32

What are the allowances and subsidies received from the government?

In our lives, we sometimes use national allowances and subsidies. Since these are basically application-based, it is no exaggeration to say that you do not know.

Let's take a look at the various allowances and subsidies that you would lose if you didn't know about "childbirth / child-rearing" and "illness or injury", which you may use most often.



Allowances and subsidies for "childbirth and child-rearing"

Due to the idea that pregnancy and childbirth are not ill, health insurance does not cover these costs and you are responsible for all costs. Therefore, there are multiple subsidies.

Let's use it well and reduce the burden as much as possible. The main allowances and subsidies for "childbirth and child-rearing" are as follows.



"Pregnant woman medical examination assistance ticket"

Pregnant women's health checkups are regular observations of the health status of pregnant women and fetuses, and their frequency is approximately once a month in the first trimester, twice a month in the second trimester, and four times a month in the second trimester (weekly). About once).

It is said that these medical examinations cost 5,000 to 10,000 yen each time, depending on the content of the examination.

The Pregnant Woman Medical Examination Subsidy is a system that supplements part or all of it. The subsidy ticket will be issued together with the issuance of the Mother and Child Handbook after the pregnancy is confirmed by the obstetrics and gynecology department, but the subsidy amount varies depending on the local government, so confirmation is required.



"Birth and childcare lump sum payment"

There are conditions such as being insured or dependent on health insurance and having a baby at least 4 months pregnant, but it seems that this is the case in many cases, so this is a system that you definitely want to use.

The amount paid is 420,000 yen per child (404,000 yen if the child is born at a medical institution that is not a member of the obstetrics medical compensation system).



"Birth allowance"

This is also called "maternity leave allowance" and has the meaning of supplementing income during prenatal and postnatal leave. Therefore, the target is people who have health insurance at work.

Please note that dependents and members of the National Health Insurance are not eligible. The amount of payment is 2/3 of the daily salary (standard monthly salary ÷ 30) x number of maternity holidays.

If you take a leave of absence due to hyperemesis gravidarum or an imminent miscarriage in the early stages of pregnancy, which does not require antenatal leave, you can receive an "injury and illness allowance". However, you cannot receive them at the same time, and the maternity allowance will be given priority.



"Childcare leave benefits"

This is a system to supplement income during childcare leave. Since it is employment insurance, not health insurance, it is applicable to those who have employment insurance.



However, this does not apply to those who retire after childcare leave.

The amount of benefits is 67% of the daily wage at the start of childcare leave x the number of days from the start date of childcare leave to 180 days (50% from the 181st day to the end date of childcare leave). You may want to contact your Human Resources department for more information.



"Child allowance"

This allowance is provided to parents who raise infants and children. It is intended for parents who are raising children from 0 years old to graduating from junior high school.

The monthly payment is 15,000 yen for 0 to under 3 years old, 10,000 yen for 3 years old to graduating from elementary school (15,000 yen for the third and subsequent children), and 10,000 yen for junior high school students.

There are income restrictions, but in most cases you will receive the full amount. When your child is born, apply with the birth certificate.

The main systems have been introduced above, but there are also some other systems that you would like to use when raising children, such as the school support system for elementary schools and junior high schools and the school support system for high schools.

In addition, some local governments have their own systems, so you may want to contact us.



Allowances and subsidies for "illness and injury"

Next, I would like to introduce the allowances and subsidies for "illness and injury". There is a system that can be used not only for medical expenses at medical institutions, but also when you have to take a break from work or have to quit due to illness or injury.



"High-cost medical treatment system"

This is a system in which if medical expenses become high during a month (from the beginning of the month to the end of the month), the portion exceeding a certain out-of-pocket limit will be refunded. The out-of-pocket limit depends on your age and income.

Normally, you will receive a refund after making payment at a medical institution, etc., but if you are under 70 years old and you expect that treatment costs and hospitalization costs will be high in advance, issue a "limit application certificate" You can receive it and pay only the self-pay limit.



"Injury and illness allowance"

This is a health insurance system that supplements your income if you have to take a leave of absence due to an illness or injury outside of work.

Illnesses and injuries during work are covered by the workers' accident compensation insurance, so in this case, they are not covered by the injury and illness allowance. In addition, it will be paid from the 4th day after taking a rest for the first 3 consecutive days.

Proof that you cannot work (medical certificate by a doctor, etc.) is required, but hospitalization is not a condition, and it also applies to home medical treatment.

The amount of payment is 2/3 of the daily salary (standard monthly salary ÷ 30) x number of holidays. The payment period is one year and six months, and even if you cannot return to work during that period, the payment will be terminated.



"Nursing care leave benefit"

This is a system to supplement income during long-term care leave, which is a leave of absence for family care.

As with childcare leave benefits, it is not health insurance but employment insurance, so it is applicable to those who have employment insurance.

The amount of payment is 67% of the daily wage at the start of the leave x the number of days. The maximum payment period is 93 days. Long-term care is usually long-term, with an uncertain end date.

The payment period of 93 days seems to come from the idea that the long-term care system should be set up within 93 days (3 months). The target of care is spouse, parents, children, spouse's parents, grandparents, siblings, and grandchildren.



"Buried fee"

It is also called "funeral expenses" because it is received when the insured person of health insurance dies. The amount of payment depends on the type of insurance, but you can think of it as about 50,000 yen.




We have various milestones in our lives. There are many things that don't go as expected.

Economic conditions, in particular, have a significant impact on quality of life and can sometimes lead to life-threatening situations.

I also hear the news that if you knew the allowances and subsidies system, you could have avoided the worst consequences. There are various systems other than those introduced here, so if you have any problems, please contact the relevant parties.